Monday, October 28, 2013

First Transfer

This week we met with some of our investigators, things are going slowly but we taught some good lessons. We've also been teaching a lot of our neighbors so that has been really cool.

Elder Walker from the Seventy came this week to do a mission tour with us on Tuesday and that was fun, it was a real highlight for the week. By the way, Sister Van Cott stopped me and said that she got a very nice note from my sweet mother! Ahhhh! :D What exactly did you say to her?!


I got my transfer call, I'm being transferred! I'm going to the San Bernardino YSA ward! The single people!! I'm a little sad that I'm leaving this area because I'll miss the people here but I'm excited for something new too. 
My next area is a car area because the YSA area covers two cities. My new companion's name is Elder Palmer, he will be going home after this transfer so after that I get another companion. Wow! 3 transfers and 3 companions!

Have you guys been getting a lot of talks about the importance of member missionary work? We just had stake conference and that was what the whole adult session of conference was about! Missionary work is changing a lot, it may sound weird but in the places where the members are actively engaged in missionary work, the missionaries in those wards are teaching 20 to 30 lessons a week compared to the 4 that we just taught this week. It makes all the difference. 

I did get my Halloween package and we had lots of fun with those glasses you sent, I got some great pictures! I'm doing well, love you all!

Love,


Elder Barker


Elder Barker and Elder Summerhays
HALLOWEEN FUN! 
Elder Summerhays and Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment