Monday, November 25, 2013

Pinewood Derby. Frustrations. Blessings.

This week has been a really slow one. :( Most of our appointments canceled and we barely got in to teach a lesson. 

And then there was the weather! A SUPER CRAZY rainstorm came through here and it poured for like 3 days straight! It was like the other storm we had when I was in Redlands. Some of the streets here were totally flooded! We went up to the campus to contact people, but most of the people we got numbers for won't even answer so it is frustrating.

But I've also seen some miracles happen this week. We gave a blessing to the 2 year old son of one of our investigators, his name is N and he is super cute! He had to have surgery on his intestines because he was born with a birth defect. We told his mom and dad about blessings and they wanted us to give him one, so we did. Afterwards his mom was saying how she could feel the power of God in their home. So we are hoping that they will be more interested in learning about the gospel. We have an appointment tomorrow, so we will see.

Things are going good with Vince, he is on track. He had to work this past Sunday but he went to the 9:00 AM service all by himself!

We also were able to take two recent converts to the temple to do baptisms for the first time AND we were able to participate as well! We only did some confirmations but it was really cool to be able to use my priesthood in that way while on my mission. I have some pictures from that day but I will have to get those to you next week. :)

Thanksgiving will be nice, it is a normal day pretty much for us but we have been invited to like 3 Thanksgiving dinners. So...don't be surprised if they have to roll me off the plane when I come home!!!  


Elder Palmer studying... must be why he's the zone leader! :)
Elder Barker...snoozing? Haha
I have a lot of pictures for you today from our Pinewood Derby, it was great! 






Mine & Kendra's cars...which super hero will prevail?
Me & Kendra
And the winner is...Elder Barker!! YES!!


I got an email from Alyssa this week, I am sooooo jealous!!!! I can't believe she met Patrick Stewart and didn't even get me an autograph!! :P 


I also heard from Ryan, Abby, Andria and Kate this week, it was great to hear from them!

Give everyone my love! Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I can hardly wait for Christmas so that I can call home!!!! :)

Love,

Elder Barker






No comments:

Post a Comment