Monday, November 11, 2013

Ups and Downs

Surprise!!! I'm emailing today! :) (It's Veteran's Day, and we didn't think we'd hear anything today, so it is a nice surprise!) I realized that it is McKenna's birthday in a few days so I got her a little something, I should get it in the mail today. She will flip, I hope! :)My toe is doing absolutely wonderful, it doesn't hurt at all. I had my follow up appointment and the Dr said there will be no problems. Yay!

Things are good but I have some bad news about our Chinese investigators, they called us Monday night and told us that they talked with their parents back in China and their parents won't let them continue to learn from us. So they dropped us. :( It made us really sad but the rest of the week was good. 


We have one investigator named Vince who is so close to getting baptized, all he needs to do is get Sundays off from work so he can come to church. We fasted with him the other day and we will see what happens when he talks to his boss. Other than that, not a lot has changed. My companion is a really cool guy, he is from Arizona. He is a zone leader, so that makes me...almost a zone leader. ;-) Haha He has been in this ward for 10 1/2 months! That is a long time! We get along great. :)

Elder Palmer, Elder Barker
I love and miss you all and can't wait to talk to you all on Christmas!

Love,


Elder Barker




No comments:

Post a Comment