Monday, December 9, 2013

Awesome week for a Baptism!

This week was so awesome, we spent most of the week saying goodbye to all the people in the ward for Elder Palmer. I'm a little sad he's leaving but I'm excited for him. He heads home tomorrow morning.

We also had Vince's Baptism! It was so awesome! He is such a stud! He went out and bought himself new clothes to wear and a nice vest and tie to go with that. He took out his earrings that he had been wearing for a long time all on his own and hasn't put them back in since! He seems so happy now! Elder Palmer baptized him, and I confirmed him! It was probably one of the most nerve-wracking things that I have ever done! But it was awesome!

Elder Barker, Vince, Elder Palmer & Elder Bushman
(Elder Bushman is Elder Palmer's former companion and had also taught
the gospel to V, it was cool that he was able to come for the Baptism.)

With the holidays coming up the work seems to be slowing down, but we still have a few people to teach. This next transfer I will be staying in the singles ward, my companion's name is Elder Hall, and I meet him for the first time on Wednesday. It will be an experience for me because I'm STILL getting used to the area! It is a big honking area, maybe you might want to send me out a GPS or something so I can find my way around! ;)



Elder Barker, Elder Palmer, K, & A
I got my camera cord and McKenna's letter so I will send her a letter home soon!:) I'm super excited for Christmas and being able to talk to all you guys! I love you all a lot!

Love,

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment