Monday, February 24, 2014

Feeling The Heat In San Bernardino! #HOT

My dear oh so loving and wonderful Mother, (and family and friends)

Don't worry I've got some pictures for you this week! :) It is crazy to think that McKenna is going to learn to drive! That is super scary!!!! :P I sent Alyssa and Skylar a letter last week but just in case I'll send them an email AND and letter this week. We will see if that is able to work or something! I haven't been able to get the package that they sent, it's still at the mission office, hopefully I can get it this week.

The picture you sent is so cool by the way!! It is kinda weird to think that I was a centerpiece for a table at a relief society dinner thing. YOU better have been sitting at that table! :D 



It feels just as weird as when you started putting up all those pictures of me everywhere before I left on my mission! I don't know why but it just feels weird. I don't feel like I've been gone for that long yet but I'm almost at six months! 
Anyway this week has been great. We had a wedding in our ward that we helped out with. We helped set up (for 5 hours!!!) and we were the waiters at the reception. It was kinda weird but it was super awesome too.



It's been really HOT and dry out here as you can see in this picture...


It wasn't actually 113 degrees, it was more like in the 90's or something but it was hot enough to make our car sensor go that high after sitting in the car for a while! :D


We had an investigator drop us this week so that was super sad. :( But on the other hand we got J to commit to baptism again for March 21st! It feels right this time! It was a super awesome lesson! My testimony has grown soooooo much while I've been out here. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I know the truthfulness of the gospel! My faith has increased more than I even thought it could!

I was able to go on exchanges in the Spanish ward again! It was a lot of fun! I didn't understand a lot, but it was still awesome! Then me and the Elder I was with made Fettuccine Alfredo that was super good! I think that was my best meal this week! :)


Spanish language study with Elder Hansen.
Anyway I love you all lots and I'm doing well, transfers are next week so I'll let you know what happens. I hope everything is going well at home! Wish Shaury a "Happy Birthday" for me!! :)


Love,

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment