Monday, March 10, 2014

#Biking Woes #OUCH!

Dear Family and Friends,

I know how you feel about daylight savings. It truly sucked the life out of me! It is awesome that you saw Kierstin the other day! Tell her that I say "Hi!" :) 


So with the bike stuff. I had to spend a lot of money on my bike this week. I got my bike back and whoever rode it last really messed it up. I had to get a new kickstand and I still need to get new tires. I also had to get a new back light thing so I might need more money to get my bike in good order and stuff. 


Plus I had to tap into my funds for food to help with my bike so I'm a little short there as well :( But at least it is running... kinda... I was riding it the other day and my back tire came off and I ended up smacking into a parked car, don't worry the car was okay. Now everyone calls me Elder Parked Car! 
I bruised up my food pretty badly but other than that I'm okay. It could of been worse! 


So we have spent this week introducing me to all the people in the ward, and I've spent a little bit of time keeping my foot up so it could heal. But we still were able to do a lot of teaching and we have two investigators on date for baptism! It is good. 

The area is pretty crazy. We are in the heart of San Bernardino and we see a lot of crazy people! :-) It is kinda awesome! We have had some crazy experiences already as we have biked around.

Oh ya, my companion's name is Elder Loertscher and he is from Colorado. He is a lot like me so you can expect that we have a lot of fun and get along well, we both want to work hard which is really nice. I did finally get Alyssa's package and I loved it! It was great! :)

I love you all, have a great week!


Love,

Elder Barker
Me and Theo.
Sydnee, J and Elder Barker
The Northpark Missionaries
Elder Hall, Elder Barker, Sister Marsh & Sister Folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment