Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

Dear Family and Friends,


I finally was able to pick up your package from the Post Office and I just have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed all of the chocolate!! :P haha 

So this week has been a crazy one. First off both Jr. and C. are doing well, but we have pushed back their baptismal dates because we haven't been able to meet with them as much as we need to, so we are figuring that out. 

We had a really hard blow for us when we had to drop one of our investigators. :( His name is T. and I think I talked about him a little last week. Well we went over to his house and he was acting very... different. It seems that he had just taken some drugs that day. The situation got a little stressful trying to deal with his hysterical mother and T. himself when he was in that state. In the end we had to leave for our safety. It broke my heart to see that.

We come to really love those that we teach and when something happens to them it hurts us. If there is one thing I have learned out here is how evil drugs are. No matter what the drug is and no matter how harmless it seems. I leave this as a warning to all those who read this. Stay as far away as you can from that life. I have witnessed for myself what comes from drugs. They can destroy your life, I have seen it for myself in more lives than I can count. So please stay away from drug abuse.

On a lighter note, Easter was great! We had 3 investigators at church and one (who's name is D.) came for his first time and he loved it! He says he already knows it is true, and he is going to come every Sunday! It was incredible to see because we didn't to squat! The Holy Ghost will do what seems impossible, all we need is faith!

We had ham for Easter dinner and it was really nice! We ate at a members house and it has like the best view ever! We had a really good time, we ended our day with pie! Yay!

I'm sad to hear that Sister Johnston passed away. :( I'm going to miss her too. she was one of the nicest ladies I have ever met! Anyway, Love ya! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment