Monday, April 14, 2014

Why Do We Serve?

Hello Family and Friends!

This week is transfer week and Elder Loertscher and I are staying together here in San B! This should be a great transfer! It's getting really warm here! It was in the 90's all last week, and on the hottest day we fasted for an investigator. That was hard!

Me and Elder Loertscher
It makes me sad to hear that Sister Johnston isn't doing very well, and that the other woman in our ward passed away. :( We had someone pass away in this ward just this week as well. So I guess I can understand what the ward is going through. 

Other than that, this week has been soooo awesome! We taught a total of 22 lessons this week, something that has never really happened in this ward before. Elder Loertscher and I are kicking butt! :) We've been meeting some very interesting people! 

We were stopped the other night by this one guy who said he used to be LDS. He had to be drunk, but we were able to give him a Book of Mormon! He just kept on asking us the same question. Why were we out there walking around San Bernardino? Just for God? We bore him our testimonies and tried to explain to him but he just kept on asking. 

It made me wonder to myself. We truly are a light to the world! People see us and wonder, why do they do that? Why are they out there? People seem to be able to recognize us as servants of Jesus Christ where ever they go though. We have even heard people say, "Don't mess with them, they are God's people." haha I thought that was funny. :) 

Anyway we picked up some new investigators this week. things are going well with them. We haven't been able to meet with J. all week so I don't know if he still will be baptized on the 19th, he got a new job so that is great for him! And C. still has some things to work out before his baptism so we are not sure if his will be on that day either, but we are still trying hard to work with them. That's about it for this week. Here's some pictures that I promised ya! :)


P-day studies? 
Service! And a little fun... :)
Elder Loertscher, Elder Glenn, Elder Barker

I love you and miss you all! I hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment