Monday, May 12, 2014

Baptism!!!!

Elder Barker, Junior, Elder Loertscher, Bro. Atkinson

It was so awesome to Skype yesterday for Mother's Day! It made me feel so good to see you all! :D Now I can't wait for Christmas!!!! So nothing much has changed since I talked with you last. haha 

Let me tell you about Junior's baptism, it was awesome! Our font just had a new water heater installed and the cold water doesn't work because the pipes are bad, so the only water it could pump in was HOT water! We had to hold a hose up to the sink and spray it down with COLD water just enough to cool it off and get the steam out of there! It took 2 1/2 hours to fill and it was still only barely enough water for Junior to be baptized in! And it was like being baptized in a hot tub! 

Junior is such a funny guy, he's like a big teddy bear. Every time he hugs you, he likes to pick you up, It's so funny! :D He's an awesome guy, and the baptism went really well and we are very excited for him. He was confirmed yesterday. 

We had another investigator at church yesterday, she is a 14 year old girl and her mom used to tell her that she couldn't come to church but she came yesterday and it was great! We are still working with D. too.

I was invited to something really cool this past week, it's called MLC, or Mission Leadership Conference. The head of the Proselyting division of the church was there. We talked about how to use Preach My Gospel more effectively. They had a lot of really cool training and it was great! We are applying these things better and planning a lot better as a result of this training. 

It's been fun being in San Bernardino, can you believe that I've been out for 8 months now?!?  I'm so grateful for this opportunity to learn and grow like I am. I left a boy, but I'll come back a MAN!! haha I just made that up :D Thank you so much for helping me come to this point Momma! I LOVE YOU!!! XOXOXO

Well, that's about it for now. Have a great week!


Love,

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment