Monday, July 7, 2014

Transfers.Service.BikeCrash

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOMMA!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! hehehe I hope that you are having a good birthday Momma!!

So for this new transfer.... everything is staying the same. I'm staying in the San B. 2nd Ward with Elder Loertscher. That will be good because we will probably be able to baptize some of our investigators this transfer! That will be good!! 

This week has been hot a bit, I believe it got to the 100's one of the days this last week. We are doing our best to stay cool. At least you've got basements to flee to in Utah! But it has been good. We really don't notice it much. 

Last Sunday we sang "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" to the tune of "Come thou Fount".  :) Here's some pictures from our day of service cutting Bamboo! We are going to be participating in a program called Just Serve. It will be awesome and there will be more opportunities for service to come in the future. 




This week has been a tough one for lessons, we weren't able to teach that much. But it was good in a lot of other ways. Miguel and Karina came with their family to both the 4th of July Breakfast and to church. They really liked it and I think they will be happy that we are staying. Cesar also came to church and stayed all 3 hours,  he is getting more and more involved with the young men so that is good. 

I hit my 10 month mark! Isn't that super crazy!?! It looks like I will be close to hitting my year mark in San Bernardino! Crazy! 

So things are going good, except for my bike...  I might have gotten ran over by a large guy on a bike that might have bent my front wheel out of shape.... Ya.... Life in San B. He happened to hit a light pole on his bike and bounced off and hit me on mine. That was super fun! :P But he is okay, so that is good. 
What more could happen to this poor bike...
Well, I hope you have a great birthday Momma! I love you all!!!

Love,

Elder  Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment