Monday, July 14, 2014

Truths of The Book of Mormon

That is so exciting that Kameron and Jake spoke on the same day! I feel really bad because I was always meaning to write Jake back, but I kept forgetting! Tell him I'm sorry and to write me again so I can remember this time! Ah Kameron is going to be an awesome missionary!! I'm so excited! I will have to get his email address really quick! Tell him before he goes I say HHHHEEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!! :D haha


That is so awesome you were able to see some of my friends! I really miss Corbyn's guts! I'll have to send him a email today or something. I loved seeing the pictures of everyone!

This week was really good. We found two new investigators, we actually put one of them, Isaac, on date for baptism already. The other, Paul, lives at this half way house... that is a fun place. 

We also put a family of three on date for baptism this week as well. There names are Aldo, Anna, and Mario! They are super awesome. Aldo was telling us he knows that the Book of Mormon is true because when he prayed about it he had a very special dream. He wouldn't tell us what it was about, all he would say was "I know it is true." We could feel the spirit so strongly right there! 

We felt like Ammon in front of King Lamoni when King Lamoni says what ever you tell me, I will believe. Aldo said the same thing to us! Since I've been studying the Book of Mormon with certain experiences we have had I've been noticing more and more similarities between what the missionaries in the Book of Mormon went through and what we go through. Some are the exact same or very similar experiences or reactions we get! Such as Elder Loertscher being offered someone's wife to marry after standing up for our beliefs! :P 

Our week has been a good one, but it has been very interesting! With Just Serve getting up and running we will be serving in the community more and more. We are still taking that bamboo out of that guys yard! That stuff is so crazy!!! All the roots are connected so we have to chop it into sections and then pull it out and if we leave it for more than a week it all just grows right back! That stuff is the fastest growing stuff I have ever seen! But it is fun!


 Well, I hope you all have a great week and I love you!

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment