Monday, August 4, 2014

#TheWorkGoesOn #MoreChocolatePlease:)

I haven't heard of the situation with the Ebola virus in Africa, we don't hear much of what is in the news. That is just so nuts! Do you know what mission Braxton is going to be sent too? Something that I have noticed since I've been out is that I really didn't know a lot about less active members and things like that in our ward back home. I guess I was too wrapped up in other stuff at the time and it didn't click with me that there were people who just never came. But now as a missionary we visit these people all of the time and I'm very aware about that stuff now.

The work has been going good lately, although it's been kinda slow this week. The sister missionaries in our ward had a baptism so that was super awesome! Miguel and Karina are doing well, but we haven't been able to meet with them much this week. We also had Aldo, Anna, and Mario drop us this week and that was super depressing. But still the work goes on and one day we hope we will be able to teach them again!

A lot of this week has been spent trying to work with the members on doing  member missionary work. We really are trying to help them over come the fears they have, and help them see that they can share the gospel with ANYONE very very naturally. It has been going well so far so we hope to be getting some new investigators soon from the members. 

It finally rained this week! It felt really good to be out in the rain instead of the hot dry sun for once! And it was a warm rain too so that was even better!! 

Well, I hope that you all have a great week!!! LOVE YOU!!

Love,

Elder Barker

P.S. Please send more chocolate!!! You have a poor, chocolate craving young adult here!!!! ;D hehehe 

No comments:

Post a Comment