Monday, August 25, 2014

Transfers!

Ah...It is so weird to think of all the things that have changed since I've been gone! I guess that happens when you leave for a year. It is so cool to see the pictures of Abby, Kyle, Corbyn, Ryan, and Trenton! Ryan will be such a great missionary!

Ryan's farewell luncheon


Mckenna will do fine in High School! If she is anything like me, she will get the school figured out pretty quick! Question...what classes is she taking? And she will need to say "Hi" to Coach Moore for me! :)

So I bet you are dying to know what happened with transfers! You will never guess what changes were made! Ahem....soooooooooo I was transferred out to Fontana! My new companion is Elder Allen, he is a great guy and we get along well. He is from Texas and he came out at the same time as me, and no I did not know him in the MTC. But that isn't even the craziest thing! The ward I am serving in is the Palmetto ward and it is a Tongan ward, it is really interesting!! 

I'm now back in a humongous area and it is very different. I am in a car again which is nice and I left my bike in the mission shed this time. :) Every morning we do language study in Tongan! It is pretty awesome, I never thought I would be learning a different language on my mission! But it is super cool! I'm also stuffed to overflowing; the Tongan people LOVE to eat and they LOVE to feed us! I might come home a few sizes bigger! 

So the work is a lot different and I'm still trying to get used to it but it is coming along. The members are super awesome too!

Well I love you all VERY MUCH!!!!!! I hope that you have a good week! Take Care!

Love,

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment