Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Malo e lelei

Hope that everyone had a nice Labor Day, it was a pretty normal day for us. We did have a ward BBQ and had our faces stuffed with ridiculous amounts of food. It was great! :-)

So ends my second week in the Tongan Ward! It has been really awesome, it is a lot of fun here. Most of the work that we do is less active work because...well we don't exactly see tons of Tongan people walking around on the streets. But things are starting to pick up so that is good. We have a appointment with a investigator today and that should go good. 

Sacrament meeting is the greatest thing ever here! There is just something about hearing the hymns sung in Tongan that is just beautiful. They can sing really well! We get fed tons here! We will go over to someones home to try to teach them a lesson and they will send us on our way with tons of food! So I'm always stuffed if you can believe that. 

I did not know that Aunt Lisa was born in Tonga! That is so cool! And weird that I'm serving in a Tongan ward too! I don't know too much in Tongan yet, but it is coming along. The spirit is helping me in many ways, with the language and with my responsibilities as district leader. I feel very blessed. 

Anyway,  I love  you all lots and I hope you have a good week! Take care!

Love,

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment