Monday, September 8, 2014

ONE YEAR!!


Elder Allen & Elder Barker
I can't believe that I've been out for ONE YEAR!  I didn't talk about hump week last week because it hadn't actually happened yet! See my logic?! :D

But this week was a really good one. Our lesson with our investigator went really well. It was nice being able to sit and have a lesson with an investigator again. It had been a while! Her name is Sita and we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ. She even accepted the invitation to be baptized as well! It was really cool!

This ward is really good at helping us in our missionary efforts with teaching. The Bishop wants to be actively involved in the teaching process. He also found us 3 new investigators this week. They are a part member family; the sons of some less active members that are coming back to church. 

The Tongan is going well too, slowly but surely! I learned a really cool word...Ongoongolelei. It means gospel.  It is a different experience serving in this ward, but I feel that I'm adjusting well.

Hump Day was good as well. We didn't do anything special really other than yell HUMP DAYYYY!!!! All day long... :) And yes I did enjoy my package you cruel cruel people!!!!! (the half candy thing!:P) Thank you so much for the shirt, socks, pillow case and the tie bar was super awesome!! I love you guys a lot! 

So I have no idea what to tell you to get me for my birthday! Letters from all my family and my friends would be awesome!! I would like that! And you know candy and other things that are my favorite! So YAY!!!! Can't believe it's coming up so soon!

Anyway I love you all!! Have a great week!! 

Love,

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment