Monday, October 20, 2014

The One Thing That Works Everywhere You Go In The World

What did I tell you about "Meet the Mormons"? Of course it was super awesome! When we watched the missionary mom part I couldn't help but think back and it seems that all mommas do the same thing to their missionary boys! I remember you matching ties to my suits too! :P haha After we watched that President Van Cott told us "Maybe I shouldn't have shown this to a room full of missionaries!" haha Let's just say that I may have gotten emotional too...

Wow! McKenna is driving!! That is crazy! Is she at least a better driver than me? haha Migeal and Karina are working on getting their marriage licence and they should be baptized next month! They will invite me and I'll be able to go see it! 

So...what did Elder Evans talk about? Well he talked about a lot of things! He talked a lot about having the same level of faith on your mission when you get home, and if we are willing to put the Lord first, everything else will fall into place in our lives.

Elder Evans also talked about the importance of talking WITH people and not just TO them. It is the one thing that works everywhere you go in the world. He talked about how we can gain more referrals by doing that. Elder Griffes and I were able to put that into place and we have already seen it work! We talked to a guy on the street and he committed to come to church this next Sunday! 

Also with following this counsel we were able to pick up a new investigator named Jackie! She is the girlfriend of someone in the ward and we have taught her two lessons already! She is super cool! She said when she finds out it is true she would be baptized! So all in all it has been a really great week! 

I am excited for the Taukeiaho boys to get baptized this Saturday, it will be awesome!! 

I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment