Monday, November 17, 2014

Questions Of The Soul

Sorry I'm so late emailing today, but we did a lot of cleaning! I think you would be proud of me! I'm not so much of a slob anymore, well almost haha. But I am cleaner! 

I split another pair of pants this week, that was fun... :P I guess I can try and get them fixed when I get my suit dry cleaned. But things have been really good. It is cool that you were able to meet Elder Langi! He is a great guy! We were in the same zone for a long time.

I'm also happy that McKenna liked my card! I thought it fit well for our relationship! haha 

Things have been good for my first week as a zone leader. I haven't done a lot yet, so it hasn't been too different. I guess it will require a lot of responsibility though! I'm too goofy for responsibility! ;) haha just kidding... kinda. But it is good. 

My new companion is named Elder Crossett. He is from Orem, Utah. He is a lot shorter than me so that is a bit different since most of my companions have been as tall or taller than me! But he was a wrestler just like Nate and he actually might have wrestled Nate before! Weird! He has been out for about 5 months. It has been really good so far to be his companion.

Our investigators have been doing well for the most part. We have put the Hifo boys on date for baptism, well one of them. The other 3 boys will be child of record baptisms, but they will be baptized on Nov. 29! It will be great!

We also were able to make a appointment with Jackie so we will see what happens with her. Hopefully we can get her to take the lessons from some other missionaries in an English ward. We also had a sad experience with Sita. We went to see her and she told us how she didn't want to be baptized anymore. But we had a really good talk with her, and we were able to get her to pray about the Book of Mormon, so we will follow up with her this week.

I've really been getting a lot out of my scripture study. I've been studying about the "Questions of the Soul" from the Book of Mormon, that has really been a great experience. There is so much that we can learn for our daily lives as we study from the scriptures! I know that I've learned a lot!

Anyway, I love you all lots! I hope you have a great week! Take care! 

Love,

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment