Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year!

It was kinda hectic calling home this time for Christmas and pretty distracting having so many people running around. I was hardly able to hear Alyssa and Skylar and I wish I could of talked with them more. I really wish I could of spent more time telling you all about the things we are doing and the experiences I've been having, answering all your questions, and hearing all about what was happening back home, but we only have 40 minutes to call. I want you all to know how grateful I am for you and Dad and how grateful I was for the chance to talk with you all!!! I can't wait to share all my experiences with you in person, even if that means when I'm home. :D

This Christmas was super awesome! So with those cookies we made we dropped them off to the people we caroled to! We made 320 cookies! It was a lot! It was super awesome, we went caroling all day. While we were caroling we shared with the families that would let us in the story in Luke 2 about the birth of Christ. We then left a blessing on their home and went our way. It was really nice and softened a lot of hearts to us. Not to mention that they now think that we are pro bakers. haha! But it was great. The family that fed us that night ended up later coming with us to a few houses so we had a few extra voices to add to ours. So this Christmas was super great. I'm very happy with all that happened. 

Just recently we picked up a new investigator. His name is Mokeni (or Morgan in English) He is the 9 year old son of a member of our ward. It is a pretty crazy situation but basically what happened was he was adopted and they thought he was 8 this year in reality they looked at his birth certificate and he is actually 9! So because of that he goes through us. He will be baptized this Saturday so that is really cool.

Also Misty is doing really good. We had a lesson with her the other night, and I'm not going to point fingers but tears were shed. We had a very spiritual lesson on the Bible and the Book of Mormon and how much God loves her.... and I might of cried.... But I will neither confirm nor deny that that happened! :P haha Anyway it has been a very good week! 

Our mission conference with Elder Higham was super awesome. We talked all about how to teach like Christ taught, how to pray like Christ prayed, and really how to follow him better. I learned a lot and it has added a lot of power to our work.
Elder Barker is in the front on the floor, the 15th Elder in. :) 
Well, I hope that you have a great week! I love you all lots! We will most likely go in early on New Year's Eve, but I haven't heard anything about it yet. I hope you all have a Happy New Year!!!

Love,
Elder Barker

P.S. I didn't bring my cord with me today so I'll have to give you all the pictures I've taken next week with the New Years ones. I'm excited to send you the pictures, I have some good ones for you.:-) I will also have some from the Temple because we are going to go there on Wednesday. What a great way to end the year, right?! It will be awesome!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment