Monday, January 12, 2015

Good Things Are Happening!

It is really cool that you are going to an Institute class! I think that is awesome! I'm excited for Institute when I get home. You learn so much! It is crazy that dad is now the High Priest Group Leader! Is it bad if I had no idea what that was before I came out on my mission? haha But I know what it is now! :)

This week has been really good! We had our zone meeting with President Van Cott and we have a lot of good things that will be happening this year as far as missionary work! I feel we will be doing a lot of good things! I continue to get better and learn a lot more the more I'm out here. 

But also for us personally in our ward we had a lot of really good things happen. We have been reading from the Book of Mormon with Mokeni, we have it set up that he will read it everyday with his Dad. It will be good for him to start creating those good habits now while he is young! So he has been doing really well. 

We have also been having many members of the ward come to us with advice on what we can do with some of their non member friends. It is really cool to see that they trust us enough to help out with those they care about a lot. So hopefully from that we will be able to pick up some new investigators soon! 
Malakai (a ward member) and Elder Barker
Also Misty has been doing super awesome! She pretty much is ready for baptism, in fact she is planning on it. All we are really waiting for with her is to get parental permission from her Mom. Her family situation is kinda complicated and she lives with her uncles so we will see how that goes. But I'm excited! We taught her the Plan of Salvation and it really struck her. She talked about how we were able to answer some questions she has had like her whole life! It was really good. I'm excited for her. 

Well anyway, that is pretty much what is going on with us. I'm making a New Years resolution to get in shape and become buff before I come home!! Enough of this flabbiness that I've gotten from the Tongan ward! haha :P I love you all! I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Barker  

No comments:

Post a Comment