Monday, February 9, 2015

A Missionary Feast!

What a week! We have found 4 new investigators, one is the girlfriend of a less active, the other is the 10 year old son of a returning member, and the last two are the grandparents of one of the young women in the ward. So that has been really awesome! I've been really happy about that! Things have been going really well.

Sister Tuifua is the Sister Missionary who returned home to the Palmetto ward, she served her mission in Chicago. Her Homecoming was super nuts. I've got some pictures for you so I think that you will be happy! :)








I think they roasted like 35 to 40 pigs or something like that! It was cool because we were asked to sit up at the front with the family because we are missionaries. In Tongan culture they have great respect for missionaries. We ate a ton of food and it didn't look like we made a dent in it at all. We had a whole pig to ourselves! And I ate some lobster, it wasn't exactly my favorite but it wasn't bad either; It was a pretty nuts night. 

So I think the best part of this week has been David. He is the 10 year old that we started teaching. He is super sharp, probably one of the sharpest kids I've ever taught. He seems to be able to just understand what we teach him better than some of the adults that I've taught on my mission. And his mom is doing great as well! We are excited for her! She just seems to be diving into the Book of Mormon and understands what it is saying to her. 

To answer your question about what we do on Monday's after P-day, we usually try to set things up in advance to teach people from about 6:00-9:00 PM, we don't want to interrupt anyone on Family Home Evening night. 

Well this week has been great! I hope that you have a great week yourself! I love you all lots!

Love, Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment