Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Baptisms!!

This week was great! And I have a LOT of pictures for you today! Most of this week we continued to meet with the members and things like that. It got pretty warm here this week, it was 101 degrees on Saturday! Crazy huh! We were finally able to meet Francisco. He is an investigator left to us by the sisters, it was a really good lesson! We got to know him a little bit and he is pretty awesome! He is progressing really well. He is paying tithing and everything! 

We mostly taught about the spirit because he was telling us that he had never felt it before. We were able to help him recognize that he has felt the spirit many times! After our lesson he told us that he felt as if a weight was removed from his shoulders. It was pretty cool!

We also were visited by a member of the Seventy, Elder Nielson. I can't remember his first name, but he is not Elder Gifford Nielson. Elder Nielson will be speaking in General Conference in the Sunday morning session! I got to shake his hand, so that was pretty cool! He spoke all about the atonement and how it is central to our purpose. He spoke on how we need trials in our life to help us to become who we need to become. He also talked a lot about grace and about the enabling power of the atonement to become better. It was really awesome! It was super cool, because in testimony meeting on Sunday that is what everyone bore their testimonies on! 

Moala and Sione's baptisms were awesome! I was able to baptize Moala and Elder Crossett baptized Sione. It is so cool to see how far they have come and they are both just so happy!! Sione was funny because he talked a lot about how Satan had been tempting him like crazy the closer that he got to his baptism. But as we were changing Sione just said "I feel like I beat him! I won!" It was really great to see everyone again! 


After The Baptisms
Sione & Moala
Well anyway I hope that things are going really well for you and that you all enjoy your visit with Skylar and Alyssa! I hope you have a great week! I love you all lots!    
Love, Elder Barker

Here's a bunch of pictures that I promised you... :D
Simote Vave
Brother Tuifua
Rodney
The Kofu Family
The Aluesi Family
The Tupola Family
Me and a Parrot belonging to one of the members of my new ward                               

No comments:

Post a Comment