Monday, April 6, 2015

Binding Ourselves To Act

Conference was super awesome this weekend! I'm super sad that it was the last one of my mission. But I've learned to really appreciate and love General Conference more than anything. I remember when all I wanted to do was sleep and how I saw it as a day off. My appreciation for General Conference is just one of the many things that have changed about me since I've been out. 

It goes by too quick! All of the talks were so awesome. As always Elder Holland was one of my favorites. As I've been thinking about what they all said and as they were speaking, I kept wondering to myself if I'm humble enough to follow all of the counsel they have given. When I am home am I going to be willing and ready to put the Savior and the gospel before anything else? Will I keep the sacrament sacred by staying off whatever device I'm going to have when I'm back? 

I think listening to General Conference would be pointless and a waste of time if we did not "bind ourselves to act" and seek to apply what they teach into our lives. So I decided to commit to listen. I've been thinking a lot about who I've become and I've changed a lot! 

This week while on exchanges in another ward we met a man and we invited him to come to Conference. He came! I think the reason he came was because of the bold testimonies we bore to him about living Prophets. Imagine me doing something like that before I left! 

We had a really nice Easter dinner with some members, the Fraley family, they are super nice. They made us steak too! :D

I'm grateful for the Easter season because it helps me to have no fear of the future or of man. The resurrection of the Savior and his triumph over sin and death help me have hope even in hard times. I really liked Elder Bednar's talk about hushing our fears, because I think he taught what I've been feeling really well. 

Anyway, I hope that you have a great week! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment