Monday, April 13, 2015

Flat Tire, Coachella Fest & Speaking In Church

So this week I got another flat tire, so I had to get a new tread, that has been fun. :/ The biking saga continues...haha

In town here this week, there has been a music festival called Coachella Fest. It is a pretty big deal and has brought many people here for us to talk to. :P Even Justin Bieber! He is staying next door to a member of the ward! We haven't seen him, but our member has. We had a run in with some of his security today though as we went over there. haha It wasn't much, but good thing we have a member living right there! It is pretty nuts. 

We have been able to meet a bunch with Francisco this week. He is doing good but still says he needs to find his answer of whether or not he should be baptized. He did come to church and we spoke in sacrament meeting on Sunday. We spoke on the role that members play in missionary work and how we can work with members to help them. People keep telling us they were good talks, so I hope they are telling the truth! haha. 

We have spent a lot of time walking around this week, in spite of bike issues but it has been fun. Elder Duffin doesn't like it as much, but I think it is fun to go and talk with people. We haven't found any new investigators this week, but our members have been very helpful. We have many people to go see this week and a few potentials that want to meet with us so that is exciting. This upcoming week should be great for us so I'm excited. Well I hope you all have a great week! I love you  all and miss you! 

Love,
Elder Barker

P.S.
So this is what my chocolate bunny looked like when I got it! At first I was sad, but then I just started laughing. And then I broke my whoopie cushion, but then we fixed it so I was happy!:)

Poor bunny didn't travel well...

Tell Shaury, this was lots of fun! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment