Monday, April 27, 2015

Refiners Fire & The Plan Of Salvation

We haven't got any word on transfers just yet, but I will keep you posted if I find out soon. Anyway I really like the stuff I heard about Stake Conference back home. Dad told me a little about it as well. I think it is a theme recently to talk about trials and the need to face them and learn from them. I really have learned a lot about that out here. I think the Refiners Fire Mormon Message teaches that really strongly. (Refiners Fire Mormon Message)

We also took part in a day of service for Just Serve in our area on Saturday. We helped clean a preschool. I took like a billion staples out of the walls and stuff! It was pretty nuts. I think service and being good neighbors really helps break down barriers that otherwise wouldn't ever come down. 

We were able to meet with our investigator Billy, this week and he is doing super awesome! We taught him about the Plan of Salvation and he loved it. It was a good lesson for two reasons, One: we were able to really connect with Billy a lot during this lesson. It seemed that a lot of the questions he had for us in the first place were questions about the Plan of Salvation. 

Two: It was good for me because I felt that really I was the one that was being taught, not Billy. haha Some answers to some of my really old questions and fears just came to me as we were teaching. It is crazy how that happens when you are teaching! Something that Billy said really struck me too. He said "I don't know if there is anyone who wouldn't want what you are talking about. To be in a happy place surrounded people you know, who you want to be around; who you love, and who love you. Even if you don't believe this, even if you were an atheist, this sounds better than any other option."

I thought about that to myself and I was like, ya that is true. What we have in the gospel and the Plan of Salvation really is something I think everyone would want, and guess what! It is true and there is a way to get it, so let us teach you how! :D haha 

Anyway that was my week. It was pretty good! I love you and can't wait til Mothers Day! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment