Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Changes

A sword that some members got from Spain
Elder Duffin - Cinco de Mayo

The mission office called me and I told them that I had already talked with you about my release date and that I will come home September 1st. It will be weird to come home to have sacrament meeting first! Well maybe not as much, since I will be used to it from out here! These last few weeks have been difficult for me, but I'm feeling the changes in myself so that has been good to see. 

So this week we met with Francisco a lot. He is going to be moving back in with his parents this week. They live in the Bay area so he will be leaving us. It is really cool to see the changes that he has made in his life too. He knows the church is true and is going to continue meeting with missionaries over there. He also wants to try and bring his parents along and hopefully use the church to bring them back together. 

We also have been meeting with Jacklyn this week. She is excited because she hopes that the youth of the church will come in and friendship her sons and bring them out of their shells a little. Good things are happening over here so I'm happy about that. I'm not sure what the next week will bring, but I hope it is going to be awesome!

I hope you have a great week! I did get my package, thank you! I miss you all!

Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment