Monday, May 11, 2015

God's Work


It was super awesome to Skype with you all yesterday! I loved it! I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day. The Flores family cooked us Chicken Cordon Bleu. They are from Peru so there was a few Peruvian spices added to it, it was super good!! 

Sooooo about the pictures... I do have them, but for some reason my cord is not working today so I'm not able to upload them to the computer. :/ I tried it on several computers, so I think I need a new cord. 

Like I told you a little bit already, we have new investigator this week. She is friends with Paula, from the family we were with yesterday. Paula took her friend to a stake activity that night. Her friend goes to one of the Pentecostal churches in the area, but she was telling us about how there are a few things that she doesn't agree with that they believe. As we were meeting with Brother Flores (he is our ward mission leader) Paula's friend asked us, "So what do you believe in your church?" We were like, "Well let us tell you." :) So we taught her the Restoration and she loved it! So now we are teaching her. It is funny how God continues to do his own work!

Another interesting experience we had was on exchanges, we were serving at a soup kitchen and a homeless lady came in and told us all about how Mormons are going to hell and all that. Then this random guy was like "How are you supposed to tell them what they believe? That sounds like you are judging them. Doesn't the Bible say not to judge people?" That made my day when that happened.

Well, there's not much else that is new. I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment