Monday, May 4, 2015

#Mother's Day #Supporting A Missionary

I'm excited to Skype with you on Mother's Day! I'm looking forward to it! I can't wait to talk with you and Dad about some possibilities that I need to consider. I have been praying for the answers and I will talk more with President Van Cott as well.

You have to speak in church on Mother's Day? :)  What does it mean to me to have a supportive mother? Well, it is really awesome and helps me so much having a supportive mother! The packages and emails and letters of support and love mean the most to me as a missionary. There is no better feeling than coming to the computer on Monday and seeing an email from you or opening the mailbox to find a package that you've sent. Sometimes missionary work can be hard when you are rejected over and over and over again. Having a loving mother supporting me gives me the sense of home that I need, and reminders of why I am here and that helps me to push through the hard times.

As far as transfers, I'm staying with Elder Duffin in Bermuda Dunes so that is good. And we just got a car so that will save us since it is getting super hot! Also we did get your package and we are having some fun with the hats and stuff! :D I'll get you your pictures next week. 

This week was good. We had Billy come to church for the first time. We taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ and he is going to pray about May 16th as his date to be baptized! He says that he wants to do it, so that is super exciting! Things with Francisco are going slowly but surely. He knows that the church is true but he just lets memories of his old life keep him from getting the blessings from the gospel. We had a good lesson with him about the importance of the Book of Mormon, It went pretty well. We will see if he is reading and things like that as we work with him some more. 

Anyway that is the scoop of what is going on here in this neck of the woods! I love you all and can't wait for Sunday! It will be exciting! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment