Monday, June 1, 2015

In The World, But Not Of The World.

Things this week have been going better. I heard about Elder Perry's passing yesterday, I will miss him a lot. He was an amazing man of God. We were only able to meet with Francisco this week, his dad let him stay another week. We are going over to spend some time with him today.  

There are a lot of exciting things that are going to be happening in the mission. We had our iPad training on Wednesday, and it was really awesome! It wasn't so much of a technical training as it was a spiritual training.

We talked a lot about how these iPads are just tools. They haven't been set apart as missionaries and they don't have the gift of the Holy Ghost. But we do. All of these tools are here to help get us in front of more people. We will be able to reach the world with these tools, so they will be a great help for us. 

There was a lot of cool things which they shared with us that I could share with you all, but I want to focus on the things that are spiritual. It was really good for me to see how the Lord is preparing the rising generation. These tools are going to arm the missionary force with power and healthy habits that will go far beyond our missions. It really is an inoculation for us. We were taught safeguards for using technology. 

These safeguards include things like being focused on your missionary purpose. Be disciplined, rely on the spirit, and be one with your companion and the other missionaries in your district. It seems that the Lord really wants to pull all of his children together. One of the keys to being safe is to be open and united with those we love. If we are one, then Satan can have no power over us. I love the scripture from John 17:15-22.

17 15 pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the worldbut
that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.16 They are not of the 
worldeven as am not of the world.17 Sanctify them through thy 
truththy word is truth.18 As thou hast sent me into the world, 
even so have also sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakesI sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the 
truth.20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which 
shall believe on me through their word 21 That they all may be oneas thou, Fatherart in me, and in thee, that they also may be oneius: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.22 And the glory which thou gavest me have given them; that they may be oneeven as we are one.


It seems that the more that I study the gospel, the more I learn that our purpose is to be united with our Father in Heaven and to be together. Satan wants everyone to be alone. God wants everyone to be together!

Anyway I love you all, I hope you have a great week. Take care!

Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment