Monday, June 29, 2015

The Family & The Temple



Don't you worry Mom, you will be my first hug when I come home! Haha And no, you didn't tell me you have my flight itinerary! That is so weird! I guess I can speak on the 13th. :) Haha

Things haven't been too bad heat wise. It stays at about 110 most of the time, but now it is down to about 100. Yes, I know Elder Craven. He is my roommate, He is actually right next to me, right now. :) 

But anyway, this week was good. We went to the temple which was great! It was on Thursday which I think was perfect since it was only the next day that we found out about the Supreme Court ruling. It has been a pretty big deal around here. 

I don't have too much to say about it other than I'm grateful for prophets and apostles that receive revelation. We have been sharing The Family: A Proclamation To The World with everyone. The document is amazing. And the timing of when it was given was inspired by God. 

I have a testimony gained from personal experience and confirmation from God himself that gender is a divine characteristic, and that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and is in fact, when sealed with the priesthood of God in his holy temple; the only way to fulfill God's purpose for us being here. And true happiness can only be found with it. 

There is no way to receive exaltation without it. I invite all who read this, to study The Family: A Proclamation To The World and pray and ask God if what it teaches is true. I want that on my blog, and I want everyone to know that this is my position on the family. 

We do need to remember to be respectful to others, and bear our testimonies of the plan of salvation. I love this scripture in Alma 31: 5 "And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just--yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them--therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God." 

I really don't like arguing with anyone about what I believe and really that will do nothing, but I will testify of what I know to be true and how I know it and then invite others to find out for themselves by reading and asking God for themselves.

Things have been going well for the Anderson family. They are on date for baptism. We had a great first lesson and sister Anderson really just soaked it all in. By the time we invited her to be baptized, she was just like "of course!" I think that things will go well with them. 

I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
Love, Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment