Monday, June 8, 2015

Transfer Week Is Cool and Hot

Transfers are here and I'm staying here in Bermuda Dunes and and Elder Duffin is headed to San Bernardino. My new companion is Elder Stafford, he is from Missouri. He served around me in my district in Fontana, so I know him well. It should be fun!

We get our iPads in like two weeks or so. As soon as all the missionaries do their online training, then President Van Cott can start giving them out. This week was cool! Francisco was able to stay until Thursday, so we were able have another lesson with him. 

We also were able to learn more about his mom. She is a really neat lady. She loves the VanBuskirk family (the member family Francisco had been staying with). She also has seen the changes in Francisco and she really likes that. We feel she will really want to take the missionary lessons, so we are going to send her in as a referral.

If she gets baptized then I feel that Francisco will get baptized in an instant. We also had Billy come to church again yesterday. It was cool because we hadn't seen him in a while. His mom wants to start coming back to church as well. 

Things this transfer will go good. It will get really hot! It's going to be over 100 degrees all week.  I'm going to come home very sunburnt! haha 

Anyway I love you all and hope you have a great week! :D I'll be waiting for that package! Tell McKenna that I hope she enjoys all of the ice cream she can eat when she gets her wisdom teeth out. :) Hope she feels better soon!

Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment