Monday, August 17, 2015

Making A Difference


Elder Barker & Brother Nogueroles
It is nuts to think that I am this close to coming home. This week was full of the 'You are going home soon missionary stuff'. We had our temple trip on Wednesday with President and Sister Van Cott. That was awesome! I love going to the temple. The feeling that you get there is the best, and the knowledge that you gain is priceless. It set a very good mood for the rest of the day. 

After that, we had lunch at the mission home and we had the 'Hey, here is what you need to know in order to adjust back into normal life' talk. That kinda throws you off from the work just a little bit. Some of that was on job searching, to look within your network of people, so if you could ask around for me, to make it known to family or those in the ward that I will be job searching when I'm home that would be great. 

Then on Sunday I had my departing devotional. I do have pictures on my camera, so I can't show you just yet. It was a lot of fun. I got my flight itinerary and stuff, so that is weird. I had some people show up for it. Most were from the Tongan ward. People like Manase, the Toutai's, and the Vave's. They gave me leis of candy so when you see my pictures, you will see lots of candy around my neck! Yum! Haha 

The Flores family also came and some exciting news is that they are going to be sealed here in the temple in September. So I really want to be back in California for that! 

The Flores Family (Courtesy of Sister Flores)
One thing that I got out of this devotional was that my service did make a difference in others lives. It has always been a thought of mine, am I making a difference? I learned last night that the Lord has blessed me enough to know that in His service you always make a difference. That has been a great theme of my mission. 

We did teach a few lessons this week, we taught Tyrell The Plan of Salvation, and he is doing good. Not too many leaps and bounds in that regard, but we are working with him. Anyway, I love you all!

I hope you have a great week!



Love,
Elder Barker

P.S. 
I do have one picture for you! This is me and Brother Nogueroles, he is the dad of my former ward mission leader in the YSA ward. His son is now on a mission in the same mission as Andria Lamb!

No comments:

Post a Comment