Monday, August 3, 2015

Strength In Our Time Of Need

Elder Aguilar, Elder Thornton, Elder Barker, Elder Allen
This week has been good, it is Elder Allen's last week and he has been handling it very well. It is weird how the time is going by so fast. It's been wonderful to serve with him again and to be in his presence. 

Life in the Redlands Pioneer Ward is pretty good. We are staying in the same apartments that I stayed in my when I had my previous sojourn here. Our teaching appointments have been good too.

We are teaching a man named Ken and he is doing well. I feel that as we read to him from the Book of Mormon, that it will help him to progress even more. Things with Ashley have been going pretty well. She has been going through some tough times and that has been affecting her progression towards baptism, so we will have to push back her baptismal date a bit, however she's bouncing back really well and is becoming stronger because of it. 

It is amazing to see the atonement of Jesus Christ working in people. For it truly does give us strength in our times of need. Also fasting and prayer can play a very powerful part in helping someone come to God. I love the scripture and Alma 6:6, that talks about how the children of God are commanded to meet together oft to fast and pray for the welfare of the souls who know not God. Our faith can help others to come closer to God. 

Anyway I'm doing really well, life is good. I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment